Strength for the Week - This Little Leaf of Mine

Here is this week's Strength for the Week written by Jenn McDermott!

This Little Leaf of Mine

There has been a naturally occurring phenomenon taking place on my fire escape for the last 4 months. A leaf has been lodged in an upright position between a metal slat and my window ledge the entire time. Since it is right in front of my window, I have often been tempted to pull it out but I never do for some reason. I mean, it’s not really an eyesore and I’ve become somewhat amused by it actually. It’s just always there. I realized though today that not only is it amusing but it’s also pretty astounding because through all the rain, wind and snow (don’t forget the infamous October snow storm!) this little leaf has never wavered. It has never moved from that upright position! Hearing the weather report that predicted 50 mile an hour wind gusts, I thought to myself “if you are here when I get home tonight, you’re a SFTW”. It was there; in the same position; just chillin’.
There are many treacherous “elements” we as Christians will endure and will continue to endure throughout our time here on earth. As we weather these storms we must hold fast to our Heavenly Father. Who better to cling to than the One who in His sovereignty, planned out our very days? Therefore, we need to trust and believe that NO MATTER WHAT, He loves us unconditionally and is committed to us; that NO MATTER WHAT, He always does the right thing; that NO MATTER WHAT, He is going to turn it into something good. When we activate faith like that, we too will survive the elements and be found standing each time because we are standing on our Rock, Jesus Christ. Amen and Amen! 
 
God bless you all!

May these verses be committed to memory and recalled in your time of need….
Genesis 50:20 - As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Joshua 1:5-9 - No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 -Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.
Isaiah 26:3- You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Cross references:

Isaiah 41:10 - Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 55:8-9 - For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 84:11 - For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Cross references:

Psalm 91:1-2 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 91: 14-16 - Because he holds fast to Me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows My name. When he calls to Me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.”
Psalm 139:16 - Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Matthew 14:22-33 - Immediately He made the disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He dismissed the crowds. And after He had dismissed the crowds, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. When evening came, He was there alone, but the boat by this time was a long way from the land, beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them. And in the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, “It is a ghost!” and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.” And Peter answered Him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to You on the water.” He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out His hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Romans 12:9-21 - Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.  Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.  Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 - For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.



         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strength for the Week - Selfishly Alone

A New Way to Get Strength

Push and Pull